2 of my favorite things. Cats and cameras.
holy shit my sophomore year is kicking off like a goddamn rocket. i just joined another club, 100 strong, that does volunteer work with younger girls. the president is a senior also fellow political science major and is with an organization back by hilary clintons superpac. going to apply for that in october. and met a rad as hell girl in 100 strong. shes in vagina monologues and oh my god this girl’s wings are on point as hell. shes a math major and christ this girl is the shits i love her.
then as i was leaving i overheard a girl talking about vibrators and condoms and im like lemme in on this where are you bringing those into and how can i be part of this educating experience. turns out shes teaching a course on sexuality and disability. im like holy fuck sign me up as well.
my peace and conflicts class about genocide is awesome every thursday cause of the discussion we have. met some dude with a coinciding opinion about genocide as a political act rather than ideological act thats gunna be in my group presentation who has a sick tatt sleeve and perfectly coiffed blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. im like fuck back up you’re too hot. dude has been everywhere too. couple years back he went to rwanda and just the past year he went to china. not to mention i made another friend in that class earlier whos into vampire weekend and is like woah bruh u 2 yess.
everything is going so well this year. im excited. im making friends. im joining clubs, being involved. everything is moving me along happily.
What does real “cover girl” look like? Here are a few women demolishing stereotypes (along with glass ceilings) while gracing magazines across all different kinds of interests and professions. This non-extensive list highlights just a few of the most prominent role models who have beaten the odds to truly represent on America’s newsstand.
Why isn’t anyone talking about this?
My guardian angel probably facepalms himself a lot.
"Just because I can revive you once does not mean initiate 1v5 jfc"
i just remembered that i never posted this. there’s a whole long story but basically when i got up there i asked “can we do the whole 90s boy band thing?? you know, and look super cool?” and they all seemed down with it but joe said “im gonna be the member of the boy band that’s super unhappy about the contract.” joe participated and that’s pretty cool.
Yo but remember when Harley Quinn basically shat on gay bashing?
Oh my god, where is this from?
That one’s from Harley Quinn #22! Harley gets killed and goes to Hell, where she hooks up with some dead buddies and proceeds to plan a jailbreak. So Hell sics this crazed demonic enforcer on her, a bounty hunter from the Old West who even in death is obsessed with finding the one man who eluded him. After said bounty hunter annoyingly foils Harley’s escape plan, Harley finally asks him: “ffs, you’re dead, why are you so obsessed with finding this guy?” and it turns out that he wants revenge against the man who “corrupted” his son, aka his son’s boyfriend. And Harley’s like, “UM, DUH, YOU HAVEN’T FOUND HIM BECAUSE HE’S NOT IN HELL YOU BIGOTED DICKHEAD.” And then Harley proceeds to cause so much trouble in Hell that she winds up being banished back to the land of the living.
Because these are just the kind of things that happen to Harley.
And then Harley proceeds to cause so much trouble in Hell that she winds up being banished back to the land of the living.
Harley raised hell IN Hell and got brought back to life because Satan probably said ‘fuck this’ and banished her.
Harley literally lives because heaven doesn’t want her and hell is afraid she might take over
but, bbygrl, why a tura satana appreciation day?
[tw : rape]
- she’s a total babe. duh.
- she’s japanese, filipino, cheyenne + irish.
- she was simultaneously a straight-a student in school while being viciously bullied for her heritage + size and punished by her parents for getting into fights. i mean, even without the straight a’s, she was strong and endured feeling isolated at home and at school.
- she’s a fellow rape survivor — “Walking home from school at the age of nine she was gang raped by five men. According to Satana, her attackers were never prosecuted and it was rumored that the judge had been paid off. She tells how this prompted her to learn the martial arts of aikido and karate and, over the next 15 years, track down each rapist and exact revenge. ’I made a vow to myself that I would someday, somehow get even with all of them’, she said years later. ‘They never knew who I was until I told them.’”
- she began living on her own at the age of 13, after her parents married her to a 17-year old and she wasn’t having that bullshit. i can’t even imagine what that was like.
- she was an extremely successful burlesque dancer, and even when she got pregnant at 19 she danced through the first eight months of her pregnancy! and yeah, she still made BANK.
- faster pussycat! kill! kill! — a cult classic john waters apparently calls the greatest movie ever made. i still haven’t seen it, but from what i’ve read it portrays the three female leads (tura satana is the LEAD lead) in positions or power that normally men are portrayed in, and that’s allll the way back in the 60’s. she did all her own stunts and fight scenes. the majority of satana’s styling and one-liners, and some additional key concepts of the film, were satana’s own doing.
- after being shot by a former lover and staying in a hospital, she decided to study nursing and she did just that. she even briefly worked as the dispatcher for the lapd.
tura satana passed away on 2/4/2011, but she’s still amazing and one of my inspirations as a woc, especially as a mixed-race asian rape survivor struggling to embrace my sexuality. <3 and that’s why i’m giving her her own day! just who she was makes me feel good about me.
all facts taken from tura satana’s wikipedia page